A Classical approach to Education is an ideal choice for students with or without special needs and even for advanced students because it:
- Capitalizes on a student’s natural abilities at every stage of development.
- Encourages application of higher order thinking skills such as analysis, judgment, and evaluation of content.
- Allows for flexibility as the curriculum can be easily expanded for the advanced child.
- Utilizes a spiral model, a continuous and structured revisiting of concepts but at a deeper level each time. which benefits all students.
- Offers hands-on, experiential opportunities supported with the use of “real” books instead of only textbooks.
For more information, read this article by Dorothy Sayers: The Lost Tools of Learning